Air purifiers are essential devices that improve the quality of the air we breathe. There are various kinds of air purifiers, and we will majorly focus on water-based air purifiers. Water air purifiers address the same problem that other air purifiers solve, and they are cost-efficient. They reduce cooking odors, dust mites, pollen, mold, and other pollutants.
On top of that, having a water air purifier gives you many advantages because they are multi-function. They act as humidifiers, purifiers, and air fresheners. If you are looking for recommendations on the best water based air purifier, check out our top 5 reviews.
Are Water Based Air Purifiers Effective?
Water-based air purifiers are effective because they create a refreshing ambiance by purifying and humidifying the air. It suits people who suffer from respiratory conditions like asthma.
The purifiers pass the air through water for purification. Then they send the fresh air back into the room so you will breathe clean air. On top of that, these devices act as humidifiers; hence you will not suffer from breathing dry air.
Table of Content:
You can get to any part of this review by simply clicking each of these links below.
This comparison chart will help you make a quick comparison of the top water air purifiers to help you pick wisely.
5 Best Water Based Air Purifier Reviews 2021
You will find many variations of water air purifiers on the market. It can be confusing to know which one suits your needs well, especially if you are a first-time buyer. Please read our reviews to help you choose the best water based air purifier for healthy and clean indoor air.
1. Bluonics Fresh Aire Water-Based Air Purifier
The price of water air purifiers is relatively low compared to other types of purifiers. If you need a quality air purifier under 100, we recommend the Bluonics model. This is a suitable purifier for large and small rooms that use hydro technology to purify the air. It traps dust, smoke, odors, pollen, and spores to provide fresh air.
It purifies, atomizes, and then releases the air back to the room, and this makes your environment pollution-free. You can mix a few drops of essential oils in this air purifier to give your room a fragrance of your choice. The machine will cleanse the air and eliminate pet odor, cooking smell, and any unpleasant smell in your house.
You will also see some colorful LED lights that change to give your room a nice look. This purifier is suitable for people who have asthma and other allergic reactions by producing fresh air. The water tank capacity is 1 quart, enough to purify rooms with maximum coverage of 360 square feet.
Bluonics Fresh Features:
- An excellent air purifier that eliminates second-hand smoke and other air contaminants in your house.
- You can add up to 3 drops of preferred fragrance or essential oil to use as an aromatizer.
- The purifier provides clean air, which makes breathing easy for people with conditions like asthma.
- It utilizes hydro-purification technology that contributes to clean and fresh air.
- This purifier features some nice changing 6 LED lights for ambiance, and you will also get an included fragrance.
2. Sirena Twister Air Purifier
There are many air pollutants in your douse like pet dander, tobacco smoke, cooking-smoke dust, and many other things. Luckily, you can improve the air indoors with water air purifiers for home. Siren air purifier is great for both large and small rooms. You can use it in your office, bedroom, or living room to get rid of pollen, dust, odor, smoke other unpleasant smells.
This is the best water based air purifier because it ensures your family enjoys a healthy and safe environment free of air pollutants. It has an efficient allergy filtration mechanism that removes anything that compromises air quality. If you would like to enjoy a superb aromatherapy experience. Then you can add some fragrances like apple, pine, or any of your choice.
You also have the chance to customize the atmosphere you want in your room with the 7-color LED lights. Therefore, you can create a romantic, relaxing, or soothing ambiance with this portable purifier to suit your needs.
Sirena Twister Features:
- The air purifier is easy to operate since you only need to add water and then plug it.
- It has a stylish and modern design, making it ideal for office users, smokers, and people with pets.
- Sirena air purifier is compact and easily portable so that you can relocate it to different rooms effortlessly.
- It sanitizes the air in a small or large room, and this boosts your performance at work.
- You can freshen your room with some fragrance or choose a suitable nightlight for your room or kid’s room.
3. Ocean blue 2 Speed Water Based Air Purifier Humidifier
This is another multi-purpose machine that you’ll need to clean indoor air. You can use it as a fragrance machine, humidifier, purifier, and much more. Compared to other models, this water air purifier humidifier provides a quiet operation not to disturb people around when working.
It works amazingly well for people with allergies and dry skin to improve their condition. You will get total coverage of 350 square feet. And it gives you continuous use for 24 hours before you consider a refill. Additionally, it has 7 LED lights you can choose based on mood.
Using this air purifier is easy and effortless. Simply fill the bowl with some water and then add your ideal fragrance to give your room a nice smell. The machine also has a safety shut off feature that will switch it off once you remove the top.
Ocean blue 2 Speed Features:
- It has a 2-speed fan and provides a quiet operation so you can use it in your baby’s room.
- You can add some fragrances of your liking to give your home or office a nice smell to improve your mood.
- This machine works well to eliminate odors and ensures you breathe clean and fresh air.
- It features 7 LED lights that you can customize depending on your current mood.
- The purifier gives you a continuous run-up for up to 24 hours before you refill the bowl.
4. EcoGecko Earth Globe- Glowing Water Air Washer
Keep your space smelling pleasant with the EcoGecko air washer that neutralizes all bad odors. You only need to add some water in the bowl and 2-3 drops of fragrance to give your room a fresh smell. The purifier has an efficient fan that draws air from the room into the water. The air passes through the scented water, traps the particles, and then releases the scented air back into the room.
It works well to get rid of kitchen smells and pet odor to have a clean and fresh environment. You can create a peaceful environment using an LED blue light or adjusting the speed as per your needs.
This air purifier provides total coverage of 600 square feet, so you can use it for small and other larger rooms. You can use it in your kid’s room, bedroom, living room, or pet space to get a relaxing atmosphere.
EcoGecko Earth Features:
- It freshens indoor air by pushing back scented and clean air back to the environment.
- This air purifier is ideal for pet owners, bathroom, and kitchen spaces to give a great smell.
- You will enjoy a soothing sound from the water that provides a peaceful environment.
- The purifier has a switch where you can turn the light on or off easily.
- You will find a dial at the top to help you adjust the speed of water agitation.
5. U.S. JACLEAN Aroma Globe Air Washer
Keep your room smelling nice with this air purifier and diffuser. Add some tap water in the bow and then plug in to enjoy a soothing feeling. The purifier will draw the air, trap dust, add moisture, give it some nice scent and then release it back to the room.
It provides a quiet operation and reduces allergens and contamination to suit people with asthma and allergies. You will also love the ambient lighting that creates a calm environment.
The purifier can cover a room of up to 700 sq ft hence suitable for your home or office. It also features a plastic base that is easy to maintain clean. On top of that, you will find 3 bottles of scented aroma (antibacterial) to give your room a good smell.
U.S. JACLEAN Features:
- It works well to neutralize unpleasant smells and leaves your house smelling nice.
- You can use tap water to freshen and clean contaminated indoor air.
- The machine gives you a peaceful environment because it doesn’t produce annoying noise when operating.
- It has a humidifying effect, so your airways will stay moist and prevent you from colds.
- Excellent diffusing aroma combined with the mood lighting give you a calm feeling to relax your mind.
Why Should You Buy a Water Based Air Purifier?
Water-based air purifiers provide many benefits. You need a water-based air purifier because of these reasons.
- These devices come at affordable prices; hence you don’t need to spend a lot when buying.
- Water air purifiers do not use filters; hence no filter replacements like other purifiers.
- You can add some essential oils in a water purifier and use normal tap water.
- They give you different machines’ performance because you can use it as an air purifier, humidifier, and air freshener.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below in this section, we’ve included some questions and answers about Water-based air purifiers that people frequently asked. Have a look to find a solution if you have the same questions.
Can air be filtered through water?
Of course, you can filter air through the water as water air purifiers use it instead of using any chemical. Therefore, it is healthier and offers fresh and dust-free air in your room so that you can breathe well.
Is it OK to leave the air purifier all night?
Indeed, it would be best if you kept your air purifier on all night because you need fresh and contaminant-free air while sleeping. It improves your sleeping and ensures restful sleep throughout the whole night.
How long does it take for an air purifier to clean a room?
Depending on the air purifier and the area of your room, it needs a different amount of time to clean the air of a room. Some air purifiers need 2 hours whereas others may require 4 hours to clean air.
Does air purifier use a lot of electricity?
Air purifiers do not consume a lot of electricity so that you can run the air purifier the whole day. An air purifier having 50 watts can consume as much as 1 unit if you can run the unit for 20 hours.
How many hours a day should I run my air purifier?
Based on your air quality and the surrounding environment, you might need to run your air purifier differently. However, you should run the unit for 12 hours if you want fresh and clean air to breathe.
Wrapping It Up
We all need fresh and clean indoor air. 90% of the people spend their time indoors, and the indoor air is much polluted than outdoor air. It would help if you had a quality water-based air purifier to filter dust, allergens, spores, and other things that compromise indoor air quality. The good thing about water air purifiers is you can also use them as humidifiers and fresheners, which makes them multi-purpose.
It will be easier for you to compare and pick the best water based air purifier from the top list. If you are uncertain which one to pick, we recommend the Sirena Twister Air Purifier that offers efficient allergy filtration. It also gives an incredible aromatherapy experience and eliminates pet dander, dust, smoke, and lint from indoor air.
- 5 Best Air Purifier With Washable Filter
- 5 Best HEPA Air Purifier Under $100 Reviews
- Best Air Purifier To Remove Odors
- Molekule Air Purifier Reviews
- Do Air Purifiers Dry Out the Air in Your Home