Purifying air is more important because bacteria, dust, and illness-causing particles are everywhere, but they are not visible to the human eye. Only an air purifier can help you to clean the environment of your room. Also, they effectively remove smokes, bad odors, and other gases from your house. However, it is also true that most of these machines can be very expensive, and most have an average of 200 to 500 dollars. If your budget is tight and below 100 dollars, we have highlighted 5 best air purifier under 100 that will fulfill your demands and purify your room atmosphere.
Do Air Purifiers Really Work?
The air purifier can eliminate the allergens, bad odors, and irritants with its high-quality filtering method. The high-speed fan and HEPA filter allow you to capture 99.7% of the polluting factors. To enhance the filtering work, some systems also use ionizing circuits, which are used to load and trap the particles to be purified more easily. Also, it helps to improve breathing, sneezing, red eyes etc. by removing illness-causing particles. With the air purifier, you can quickly get rid of cooking smells and smoke.
Note: Here, we have described how air purifiers work. If you want to know more about the air purifier, you can go through the benefits of an air purifier.
Table of content
Here is the table of content for your quick navigation:
Do you want to see our selected air purifiers under 100 at a glance? You can go by the comparison chart here:
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Smokers Allergies and Pets Hair
VALKIA Air Purifier for Home and Pets with True HEPA Filter
KOIOS Air Purifier, True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home, Offices & Bedrooms
hOmeLabs Air Purifier for Home, Bedroom or Office - True HEPA H13 Filter
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier for Home or Office with Permanent HEPA Filter
5 Best Air Purifier Under 100 Reviews 2021
There are so many air purifier models on the market that it can be challenging to find the right one under 100 dollars. Therefore, we have reviewed 5 best air purifier under 100 that will meet your demand and ensure fresh air.
1. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Smokers Allergies and Pets Hair
LEVOIT Air Purifier comes with a Fine preliminary filter, True HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter that effectively removes allergens, smoke, dust mold, odors, etc. It improves the air quality and ensures fresh air by eliminating 99.97% dust from your living room. The 3 level speed of fan setting allows you to control the fan speed according to your needs. So, it can be the perfect single room air purifier.
It is equipped with an upgraded motor that makes 25dB noise at high speed and ensures great stability with longevity. It has a dual lighting system that can be used in morning and night for better comfort. It is small and weighs about 6.5 pounds, so you can easily move wherever you want. Its filter changing reminder alert you to change the filter that increases the air purifier lifespan.
It has a control panel designed with power option, filter alert, fan speed, and light for better inspection. Its HEPA filter removes dust mites, pet dander, and allergens quickly. The carbon filter captures the smokes, bad odors so you will have a fresh environment in your house. For these features, it can be considered as the best affordable air purifier.
LEVOIT Air Features:
- Its 3 stage filtration method reduces 99.97% allergens, pet dander, dust, odor, smoke, etc. effectively.
- The weight of the air purifier is about 6.5 pounds, so that you can take anywhere you want.
- Its updated motor provides 4 times rapid purification per hour with efficiency with 3 fan speeds.
- The dual lighting features ensure a relaxed environment and deep sleep without disturbance.
- Its smart filter changing alert indicates the time of changing the filter period to improve air quality.
2. VALKIA Air Purifier for Home and Pets with True HEPA Filter
VALKIA Air Purifier is equipped with 3 stages double side in and side out filtration system that helps eliminate fine particles, smokes, bad odors, pet dander, dust mites, and other particles up to 99.97% of pollutants. It can clean up to 320 sq ft room with efficiency and weighs about 4 pounds to be the best bedroom air purifier.
Its 3 fan speed setting allows controlling the fan according to different purposes by simply touching the button. It has a touch-sensitive control system that helps start, shut down, activate sleep mode, light, and fan speed. In sleep mode, the good cheap air purifier makes 35dB quiet performance that will not hamper while sleeping. Also, it is a suitable baby’s room, office, kitchen, etc.
Its night light ensures an ideal environment for rest in your room, and you can turn on by pressing the light button. You will get notified by a filter indicator for changing the filter to have a better air purification. Its 6 ft long cable allows one to move one room to another room with safety. Also, it has 4 anti-slip pad that provides stability on the floor.
VALKIA Air Features:
- It has a double-sided 3 stages filtration system that can clean dust, mold, odors, smokes, allergens, etc. quickly.
- 3 fan speed setting allows us to control the speed by pressing the fan icon.
- It can clean up to 320 sp ft rooms perfect for bedroom, office, and living room.
- 6 feet long cable allows us to move to other rooms and supply high-quality power.
- It has a smart indicator that alerts the time of filter change for fresh air.
3. KOIOS Air Purifier, True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home, Offices & Bedrooms
KOIOS Air Purifier comes with True HEPA technology that can filter 99.97% pollen, smoke, dust mites, and allergens quickly. It has 3 stages of filtration system that remove smokes, odors, pet dander, and other illness-causing particles so you can easily get rid of allergy diseases. It ensures ozone and UV free air perfection performance that is environment friendly.
It provides 360 degrees air supply that helps clean allergens and dust particles up to 215 sq ft rooms. Its 2 fan setting ensure adjustable speed and fresh air according to your needs. While running, its light always on and makes 20 to 50dB noise depending on the speed. It can deliver 80m³ clean and fresh air in your room. For these advantages, it can be the best budget air purifier.
Its weight is about 4 pounds, and you can easily carry with you wherever you want. The small air purifier for office, bedroom, and the living room has one button controlled operation features that make it more convenient. Also, it used less than 3.5 watts power that can save your monthly electric bill. After every 6 to 8 month random use, never forget to change the filter.
KOIOS Air Features:
- It has 3 stages of air purification filter that helps to reduce 99.97% of allergens, smokes, and dust particles quickly.
- The weight is about 4 pounds and has a compact design so you can take with you anywhere if necessary.
- It produces 20 to 50dB noise with two fan speed that doesn’t disturb while sleeping.
- The one-button control method makes it more convenient and easy to control.
- It can clean up to 215 sq ft rooms with supplying 80m³ air per hour in your room.
4. hOmeLabs Air Purifier for Home, Bedroom or Office – True HEPA H13 Filter
hOmeLabs Air Purifier has H13 HEPA filter technology that can remove dust mites, allergens, and other small particles as small as 0.1 microns. It has a 3 stage filtration system that allows you to clean smoke, odors, dust, pet dander, etc. from your room. The filters can run more than 2100 hours, which is more than others, so it can be considered the best rated air purifier.
Its height is 12.8 inches, the diameter is 7.87 inches, and weighs about 7 pounds, so you can move it anywhere if necessary. The small air purifier for bedroom and office can clean up to 194 sq ft rooms with efficiency. While running, it makes 50dB on the high-speed level, which is less than a dishwasher sound. The LED night light provides a fresh environment in the room and ensures peaceful sleep.
Its 3 fan speed setting allows you to control the speed of the fan according to your needs. It has a smart LED control panel that controls fan speed, power option, light, and filter reset option. Also, it ensures 4 times cleaning performance per hour and provide safety with child lock features so that it can be considered as the best air purifier under 100.
hOmeLabs Air Features:
- Its advanced 3 level filtration technology can remove 99.97 percent 0.1 micron-sized particles easily.
- It can clean up to 194 sq ft rooms with supplying 4 times the speed per hour.
- The weight of the purifier is about 7 pounds, and the size is very compact, which makes it handy.
- While running, it makes 50 dB maximum noise, which ensures a peaceful sleeping environment.
- Its 3 fan speed setting allows to control the speed of the fan and ensure better cleaning performance.
5. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier for Home or Office with Permanent HEPA Filter
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier comes with a high-grade HEPA filter that can eliminate pet dander, dust mites, pollen, and other allergens quickly. You don’t need to change the filter and easily clean with a vacuum or a brush. Its design is compact so that you can use it vertically and horizontally.
The inexpensive air purifier can cover up to 160 sq ft rooms to clean, perfect for small and medium rooms. Its 3 fan speed function allows us to control the fan modes: high, medium, and low easily. You can use low mode at night, which will provide a peaceful sleep at night. Also, it has a quick and whispers cleaning mode that ensures powerful air purifying experience.
It weighs about 5.7 pounds, so you easily carry with you anywhere if you need it. It delivers 40 dB noise at high speed, which ensures better sleeping performance. Also, it has a single knob operator that allows adjustable cleaning modes and power on/off. After all, it is the best small room air purifiers.
Hamilton Beach Features:
- It comes with a permanent HEPA filter that effectively cleans 99% dust mites, pollen, and allergens.
- The 3 fan speed setting allows you to control the fan according to your needs.
- Its whisper cleaning mode provides quiet cleaning performance without disturbance.
- Due to versatile design, you can use it vertically and horizontally in your room.
- It can clean up to 160 sq ft rooms with low maintenance and high performance.
What Should You Consider Before Buying An Air Purifier Under 100 Dollars?
Before buying the best air purifier under 100 dollars, you should consider some important factors that will help you to make the right choice. The factors are:
Size and capacity power is the first factor to consider before buying an air purifier. Also, make sure that your air purifier can clean 4 times per hour, which is good for allergy patients. So, your air purifier should have the capacity of cleaning 200 to 350 sq ft area of rooms. Don’t forget to look at the weight of your selected air purifier. The weight range should be 3 pounds to 10 pounds, which is easy to carry with hands.
A purifier can be made up of different types of filters, but it is highly recommended that go for 3 stage filter air purifier which has HEPA filter. HEPA filters can eliminate up to almost 99.99% of harmful environmental substances, allergens, dust, dirt, etc. A carbon filter absorbs the smoke, bad smells, odors, etc.
Fan speed level
To buy a good air purifier, you should also take a look at the number of fan speeds. Some models allow regulating speed in 2 or 3 intervals, while others may also have an automatic mode. You can adjust the fan speed according to your needs. The more rates, the better it will adapt.
To find the best air purifier, we should also take a look at the noise. For example, if we are going to use it at night, the noise level must be minimal. In addition, maximum models have a sleep mode that ensures peaceful sleep while running.
Generally, air purifiers are 40% to 50% energy efficient. If you purchase the regular one, it will be a waste of money. The right one will save your money by reducing the electric bill. Also, they consume about 19 kWh per month and 2.5 dollars monthly on bills. So, go for the right one that is energy efficient.
These are the factors to consider when looking for the best air purifiers on the market.
Note: In the above section, we have presented some factors to consider before buying an air purifier under 100 dollars. If you want to discover more about the air purifier, you can read how to choose an air purifier.
Why Should You Buy An Air Purifier Under $100 Dollars?
For many health benefits and easy to use, you should buy an air purifier that will clean your living room environment. Some of them are:
- The air purifier’s HEPA filter technology quickly removes 99.97% of harmful particles like dust mites, pollens, and other allergens. The purifier subsequently releases the purified air, and the process repeats itself constantly, increasing in intensity when polluting factors enter the room.
- It produces 20 to 50dB noise while running at high-speed mode that provides a peaceful sleeping experience and a quiet environment. Also, it has a night light feature, which makes a relaxing atmosphere in your room.
- It can absorb smokes, cooking smells, bad odors, and other harmful gases with its 3 stages of filtration technology and ensure a fresh environment. Also, it is equipped with 2 or 3 fan speed setting so you can adjust according to your needs.
- It improves the air quality of the environment and safe to use. Also, it helps to eliminate bad smells, and the environment of your home will improve significantly.
For these advantages, you should own an air purifier. Now, you can choose the best one from the above-reviewed air purifier.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we will answer some frequently asked questions about air purifiers.
Where should I place my air purifier?
The best option to place your air purifier is beside the wall. Never put it in the middle of the room. Also, you can set it 4 inches away from any furniture to capture all particles.
Do I need air purifier for each room?
If you have an air purifier that can cover more than 200 sq ft rooms, you don’t need an extra air purifier for your room. Some models provide 4X fast cleaning performance per hour.
Can I put my air purifier on a table?
It is not good to put an air purifier on the table, which is higher than 5 feet. If your table is less than 5 feet in height, you can put your purifier on a table.
Should I sleep with air purifier on?
Good quality air purifiers are equipped with sleep mode, which allows them to run it while sleeping. Also, they have quiet and noise-free performance that ensures peaceful sleeping while running.
Can I move my air purifier from room to room?
Most air purifiers are compact and low weight so that you can easily move from room to room. So, choose the lightweight one which weighs 3 to 10 pounds and easy to carry with hands.
It is impossible to eliminate mold, dust, pollen, and allergen particles present in the air, but thanks to the advances technology of air purifier, which can completely remove the allergens and other illness-causing particles. Here, we have rounded up 5 best air purifier under 100 that will meet your demand.
In the meantime, I would like to recommend hOmeLabs Air Purifier for Home, Bedroom or Office, which can remove 0.1-micron particles with its H13 HEPA and 3 stages filtration technology. It can clean up to 194 sp ft rooms with 4 times per hour cleaning performance. Also, its LED nigh light and 50 dB quiet operation help to sleep peacefully at night.