The kitchen and bathroom in our house are the places where most unpleasant odors are concentrated. An air purifier is a device that allows you to improve the quality of the air by eliminating bad odors and smokes. It can be useful for allergy sufferers and those looking for clean air during the day.
The air purifier is designed for home and office use. In the market, you can find various types of air purifiers, and it is challenging to find out the right one. So, we have highlighted the 5 best air purifier to remove odors that will save your money and fulfill your demands. Let’s dive into it.
Does Air Purifier Remove Odor?
Much of the bad odors in the environment come from polluting elements present in the place. An air purifier is a device that serves to eliminate polluting elements in the home, from smoke to particles that float in the environment.
The air filters with active carbon are used for filtering nuisance odors, such that installing such devices avoid air-purifying exit, entry, or spread of these unpleasant odors or harmful particles. All activated carbon air filters usually have a membrane to protect them from dirt and increase their useful life. It is capable of eliminating approximately 95% of the bad odors that cross it.
Note: Here, we have covered the odor cleaning strength of the air purifier. If you want to discover more about air purifiers, you can go through how many air purifiers do I need?
Table of content
Below is the table of content for your quick navigation:
If you want to see our selected products at a glance, you can do it from the comparison chart below:
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Air Purifier for Large Rooms up to 700 Sqft
TruSens Air Purifier | 360 HEPA Filtration with Dupont Filter
AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier Mold, Odors, Dust, Smoke,
Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter - Automatically Senses
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair, Smokers, True HEPA Filter
5 Best Air Purifier To Remove Odors Reviews 2020
After researching several air purifiers in the market, we have rounded up 5 best air purifier to remove odors that will meet your demands. Please, have a look below:
1. Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Air Purifier for Large Rooms up to 700 Sqft
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Air Purifier comes with high capacity activated carbon and a TRUE HEPA filter to absorb odors, smokes, bad smells, dust, mold, and other particles of 0.3 microns. It can clean 99.97% airborne up to 700 sq ft rooms within 30 minutes. Also, it weighs 15 pounds and has a compact design so that it can be considered as the best residential air filters.
It has 4 fan speed settings that allow controlling the level of the fan. Its whisper max technology ensures a peaceful sleeping experience with noise-free performance. Also, it has a light-off mode, which can be used while sleeping. It has a lock system that protects the purifier from children’s activities. You can set the time up to 12 hr that automatically purify your room.
It has a control panel that allows you to inspect fan speed, timer, power, filter modes, and lock. While purifying air, it uses 50 watts power on high-speed mode and has CADR 245 rating, which energy is saving to be the top affordable air purifiers. Its HEPA filter can last for more than 3 to 5 months, and you can change it when needed.
Alen BreatheSmart Features:
- It comes activated carbon filter and TRUE HEPA filter that remove smokes, odors, bad smells, dust, and allergens from your room.
- 5 different speeds allow you to control the speed of the fan according to your needs.
- It can clean up to 700 sq ft within 30 minutes and perform two times faster than others.
- Its light-off mode and noise-free operation help to sleep peacefully at night.
- It has low energy consumption, which is about 50 watts, and saves your bills.
2. TruSens Air Purifier | 360 HEPA Filtration with Dupont Filter
TruSens Air Purifier is equipped with a Dupont high-quality carbon filter that can remove odors, bad smells, smokes, etc. effectively from your room. Also, it has a washable pre-filter, HEPA filter, and UV sterilization filters that help to remove dust, pollens, mold, germs, and other allergens. Its advanced SensorPod detects the outdoor particles and purifies the air quickly.
Its air quality monitor shows the level of purified air in number so you can understand your room environments. It has two steams which purify air efficiently on the dead zones of your room. It also has dual airflow technology that ensures bi-directional airflow in the room with 4 fan speed levels. It is more than 24% energy efficient and easy to use in the whole house that makes it the best air purifier for home use.
It has a colored LED monitor that shows the fan speeds, UV mode, power option, and timer up to 12 hrs. Also, it indicates when filter replacement is needed to get more clean and fresh air. It has a night mode, which helps to sleep without disturbance at night by dimming the lights. You can easily carry the purifier with its ergonomic handle, and it weighs 9 pounds.
TruSens Air Features:
- It is equipped with a high-quality Dupont carbon activated filter that eliminates odors and smokes quickly.
- The TRUE HEPA, PRE filter, and UV sterilization allow us to remove germs, allergens, pet hair, and other small particles.
- Its smart monitor shows real-time air quality and adjusts fan speed, modes, and timer setting with SensorPod technology.
- The 4 fan speed setting allows us to adjust the airspeed and ensure whisper performance at high speed.
- It has night modes that dim the lights and ensure peaceful sleep at night.
3. AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier Mold, Odors, Dust, Smoke
AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier has a carbon filter that allows you to remove odors, smokes, bad smells quickly from your room. Also, it has 4 stages antimicrobial HEPA filter that safely eliminate 99.995% dust, pollens, germs, mites, and other illness-causing particles. It has auto dust detecting technology that automatically cleans air dust effectively.
It can cover 300 to 600 sq ft area of rooms, which depends on the speed of the fan. Its aerasart sensor automatically detects the air quality level and adjust the fan speed. It is made with ABS material, which ensures durability, so your air purifier lasts longer. Also, its PlasmaTrue technology effectively cleans airborne particles by creating an ionized field so it can be considered as the best air purifier for the money.
The good affordable air purifier has a blue colored control panel to inspect and adjust the fan speed, modes, filter, and power option. It weighs only 12 pounds, and design is compact, so you can quickly move anywhere easily. Also, it provides energy-saving performance, and the HEPA filters last up to 12 months.
AeraMax 300 Features:
- Its carbon filter and antimicrobial HEPA filter help eliminate odors, smoke, germs, allergens, etc. up to 99.995 percent.
- It can cover up to 300 to 600 sq ft areas of rooms with noise-free performance.
- AreaSmart technology can detect odor-causing germs and purify air automatically throughout your room.
- It creates an ionized filed, which helps to remove airborne particles from your living room.
- It has a blue colored control panel that inspects fan speed, modes, filter, and power option.
4. Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter – Automatically Senses
Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier is equipped with an activated carbon filter that can remove odors and smokes effectively. The air purifier to remove pet odors has a pre-filter and HEPA air filter that can clean up to 99.97% dust, pollens, pet dander, germs, and other allergens quickly. The filter can runs up to 4320 working hours, which is more than 180 days.
The purifier can purify up to 300 sq ft rooms with its CADR 129 ratings, delivering 220 m³ per hour. Its built-in air sensor automatically adjusts fan speed according to air quality level. Also, it has an alert indicator that shows the filter changing time for getting more clean air. It has sleep modes that can be activated while sleeping, and it reduces the cost of energy so it can be the best affordable air purifier.
It is compact in design and weighs 6.5 pounds so that you can use it anywhere. It has a smart monitor designed with 3 fan speed settings, air quality indicators, modes, filter alert, and power options. You can set the timer up to 8 hours during the sleeping time for getting continuous air purification.
Vremi Large Features:
- Its 3 stages carbon activated and HEPA filter helps to remove odors, smokes, pet smells, dust, allergens, etc. up to 99.97 percent.
- It can cover up to 300 sq ft rooms with its 220 m³ per hour 306 degrees air purifying performance.
- A smart air quality sensor automatically adjusts the 3 fan speed based on the quality of air in your room.
- Auto sense mode provides 28dB noise at a high-speed setting, which ensures a better sleeping experience.
- It has a round-shaped control panel that shows modes, fan speeds, air quality, timer, and power options.
5. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair, Smokers, True HEPA Filter
LEVOIT Air Purifier comes with a CTC100 formula activated carbon filter that removes odors and smokes effectively. It also has a True HEPA filter and preliminary filter that eliminate dust, bacteria, pet fur, hair, and fine particles. It has a powerful brushless motor with long durability and lifespan, so it can be recommended as the best air purifier to remove odors.
It consumes 0.9 watts power per hour, which is 30% less than a regular air purifier to be considered the best budget air purifier. It has a comfortable night light that ensures peaceful sleeping environments. Also, it has 360 degrees of air intake that can provide air purification throughout the room. It has timer setting features that can be adjusted for 8 hours.
The purifier has 3 fan speed modes that allow controlling airspeed. It can clean up to 161 sq ft rooms, which are suitable for medium-sized rooms. It also has a colored control module that shows timer, modes, filter alert, light, fan speed, and power option. Its sleep mode and 26dB to 52dB quiet performance provide better sleeping at night.
LEVOIT Air Features:
- It is equipped with CTC10O activated carbon filter and 3 stages filtration technology, removing odors, smokes, and other fine particles easily.
- The brushless motor produces 26dB to 52dB noise and ensures durability with a longer lifespan.
- It can clean up to 161 sq ft rooms with adjustable 3 fan speed setting levels.
- Its sleep mode and warm night lighting provide a better sleeping environment at night.
- It consumes 0.9 watts power per hour, which is less than a regular air purifier.
What Should You Consider Before Buying An Air Purifier To Remove Odors?
Before buying the best air purifier to remove odors, you should follow some important factors that will help you to make the right decision. Let’s see them in detail.
The more cubic meters we have to cover, the more power we will require. This power is usually given as a function of the purified airflow per unit of time. In case of not having enough power, the air purifier would be forced to operate for a longer time. So, look for at least 150 cubic meters per hour, which has electricity consumption.
It’s easy to overlook the noise section when we’re choosing an air purifier to remove odors. Take a look at the noise level of your air purifier. Always select those that are quieter or that has a night mode. To get an idea of noise levels, it should be 20dB to 55dB and generated by a well-functioning durable motor.
Activated carbon can capture the molecules responsible for bad odors, transforming gases into liquids. The system can be used only or together with other types of filters. Some models have 3 stage filtration technology, a carbon filter, a HEPA filter, and a preliminary filter. The HEPA filter can remove particles up to 0.3 microns in diameter, such as pollen, mites, molds, etc.
Some of the best air purifiers are equipped with smart features. They are really smart home products and designed with a smart control monitor. Through this, it is possible to monitor the air quality in real-time, program the appliance, and manage switch on, switch off, change the mode, fan speed, etc. easily.
Before purchasing an air purifier, it is necessary to consider the size of the environment where the appliance will be positioned. Usually, the larger the product size, the better the flow rate. Make sure that your air purifier can clean 150 to 500 sq ft area of rooms within 30minutes to 1 hour.
Note: In the above section, we have presented a guide to buying an air purifier to remove odors. If you want to know more about the air purifier, you can browse the air purifier buying guide.
Why Should You Buy An Air Purifier To Remove Odors?
For several health benefits and compactness, you should buy an air purifier to remove odors that will provide a clean environment.
- Air purifiers are incorporated with activated carbon filters that are ideal for removing these odors and improve air quality in your room.
- The poor quality of indoor air is a real problem, and purifiers can remove combat. Your home’s environment can be cleaned up to four times more than the air outside with its high-speed fan levels.
- They have HEPA filters that can clean more than 99.97 percent fine particles, dust, mites, pet fur, allergens, etc. between 0.3 and 2 microns in size.
- The purifiers consume 0.8 watts to 2 watts per hour, which is about 20 watts to 50 watts per day. They are energy efficient and save electric bills.
- They have a sleep mode and comfortable night light features. While sleeping, you can use the air purifier at night and sleep peacefully.
These are the reasons for having an air purifier. So, you can choose the best one from the above-reviewed air purifiers to remove odors.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we have answered some frequently asked questions about air purifiers.
Do air purifiers remove cooking odors?
Air purifiers can remove cooking odors instantly because it has activated carbon filter technology which absorbs the odors from the cooking environments.
Do air purifiers help smell?
After long time use, it will be loaded with dust, which makes smell if not sealed perfectly. At that time, the filter will not last long, so clean it always. Otherwise, air purifiers will not smell.
Does air purifier remove musty smell?
Musty smells are neutralized when air passes the preliminary filter in the air purifier. So, it can effectively remove the musty smell of mold and dust.
Is it OK to leave air purifier on all night?
You can leave the air purifier all night. But, regular use at night may require frequent filter replacements. So, use an air purifier at night when necessary.
Should I leave my air purifier on when I’m not home?
After 3-4 hours running, you should give a break to your air purifier. Some models have a timer setting feature so you can set the time when you are going outside.
Air purifiers provide more breathable air by absorbing odors, smokes in your house. Here, we have highlighted the 5 best air purifier to remove odors. In the meantime, I would like to recommend LEVOIT Air Purifier, which has 3 stage carbon activated and HEPA filtration technology to eliminate odors, smokes, dust, allergens, and other fine particles effectively.
It consumes 0.9 watts power per hour, which is 30% energy efficient and easy to carry anywhere you want. Also, it is equipped with a long-lasting brushless motor that produces 26dB to 52 dB noise while running and ensure a quiet sleeping experience with the timer up to 8 hours.